Mar 17, 2012

How to say "back out at the last minutes" in Japanese?

Minasan kon-nichiwa!
Ohisashi buri desu. (It’s been a while.)
Sumimasen!
ところで、(tokorode, By the way)
Do you know how to say “back out at the last minute” in Japanese?
We  say it..
ドタキャンする  (dota-kyan suru)
For the usage,
- ドタキャンしちゃった。 dota-kyan shichatta. (I shouldn’t but) I cancelled it at the last minute.
- 彼にデートをドタキャンされた。 Kare ni deeto o dota-kyan sareta.  – He backed out our date at the last minute.
-  急な用事がはいったので、友達との約束をドタキャンしてしまった。 Kyuu na yooji ga haitta node, tomodachi tono yakusoku o dotakyan shite shimatta.
Because I got an urgent matter, I had to cancelled an appointment with my friend.
Please try not to do “dota-kyan” as much as possible otherwise your boy/girl will すねる (suneru) sulk..
Mata ne!
-Kazue
http://learnjapanese123.com/conversation
--Let's learn Japanese conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment